SHYC Sailing Academy 2020 Program
Despite the Covid 19 pandemic, SHYC board and management have developed a plan to deliver a full season at the Sailing Academy while adhering to Covid safety guidelines. Full details of the guidelines can be found here. Weekly programs are slated to begin Monday, July 6 and end Friday, August 28.
Our Sailing Academy director is working closely with Sail/Nova
Scotia on developing procedures and safeguards that will allow
all Learn-to-Sail programs to move forward, consistent with
provincial guidelines and limitations.
The Sailing Academy camp, ages 5 and up, meets 5 days a week, from 9am – 4:30pm and includes classroom instruction, practical hands-on experience on the water, and lots of fun activities and games both on shore and off.
For more information, check out this short video:
This year, the SHYC Sailing Academy is overseen by Sailing Director, Ed Trevors, and a team of instructors, many of whom have come up through the school’s ranks in the past and have gone on to become nationally and internationally ranked sailors. All instructors are certified by Sail Canada, the sport’s national governing body.
This year’s programs include:
- Introduction to Sailing (ages 5 and up) CANSail level 1
- Weeks 1,3,5,7
- Intermediate Sailing (10+) CANSail levels 2-3
- Weeks 2,4,6,8
- Advanced CANSail levels 4-6 (subject to student’s prior experience)
Space is limited to 20 participants p/wk.
To enroll your child, call 902-875-4757
ADULT LEARN TO SAIL (ALTS)
Once again, SHYC Sailing Academy is pleased to offer an Adult Learn To Sail program, meeting Monday evenings, six sessions over six weeks. It includes:
- Wednesday night racing
- Free loaner program featuring Opti-class and Albacore-class boats
- Full membership in SHYC with access to all club facilities, including the new Upper Deck pub
“Sail all summer long without even owning a boat!”
- CANSail is the skills classification system used by Sail/Canada, the sport’s national governing body.
- Free loaner program subject to availability for qualified participants.
- Subject to standard member/guest limitations
Follow Us on Facebook